Gorges with top ES ratio
Here at Boucher Scouting, every play by every Montreal Canadiens player this season has been tracked.
Even-strength ratio represents the number of successful plays a player makes for every 1 unsuccessful play. Only events occurring at even-strength are included. This is as simple as my results can be expressed, as it does not take into account ice-time, nor distinguish events by zone.
Below is a visual representation of the even-strength ratio of every player who has played for Montreal Canadiens this season.
Yannick Weber and Raphael Diaz are the only defensemen with ratios below 2.00 successful plays for every 1 unsuccessful play.
Gabriel Dumont has the top ratio among forwards. That said, Dumont has not played enough to produce reliable results. Among other forwards, Mathieu Darche has the top even-strength ratio, as he produces 2.11 successful plays for every 1 unsuccessful play.
Tomas Plekanec (2.04), Max Pacioretty (2.03) and Lars Eller (2.02) are the only other forwards with ES ratios above 2.00. The lowest ratios among players who finished the season with Montreal, belong to Michael Blunden (1.64), Rene Bourque (1.53), and Brad Staubitz (1.42).
- WHAT IS BOUCHER SCOUTING?
- COMBINING CORSI AND SCORING-CHANCES
- IMPACT OF RATINGS ON SCORING-CHANCES
- IMPACT OF N-ZONE RATINGS ON SCORING-CHANCES
- QUALCOM ADJUSTED RATINGS
- IMPACT OF D-ZONE RATINGS ON SCORING-CHANCES
- D-ZONE TENDENCIES AND TURNOVER-RATES
- D-ZONE PASSING
- D-ZONE LOOSE-PUCK RECOVERIES
- D-ZONE STICK & BODY-CHECKS
- IMPACT OF O-ZONE RATINGS ON SCORING-CHANCES
- O-ZONE TENDENCIES AND TURNOVER-RATES
- O-ZONE LOOSE-PUCK RECOVERIES
- O-ZONE PASSING
- O-ZONE STICK AND BODY-CHECKS
- POSSESSION RATINGS
- O AND D TOUCHES IN O-ZONE
- O AND D TOUCHES IN D-ZONE
- QUANTIFYING DISCIPLINE
- SHOOTING SUCCESS-RATES (ES)
- OBSTRUCTION PENALTIES DRAWN
- GOALIE REPORTS
- HABS 2010-11
- HABS 2011-12
- SUBBAN 2012-13 (PLAYER FILE EXAMPLE)