This post will focus on the number of dump-ins, as well as the number of offensive-zone entries each Montreal Canadiens player has produced per-minute of even-strength ice-time. Only events that have occurred since the Olympic break are included here.
Among defensemen, Francis Bouillon has attempted the most dump-ins per-minute played; followed by Jarred Tinordi, and Douglas Murray. Josh Gorges has attempted the fewest dump-ins, but his sample size is small over this period due to an injury.
Ryan White has attempted the most dump-ins among centres, while Dale Weise has attempted the most per-minute played of any Habs player.
Francis Bouillon has attempted the most offensive-zone entries per-minute among Habs d-men; followed closely by PK Subban. Among centres, Tomas Plekanec has attempted the most o-zone entries, while Max Pacioretty leads all Habs players in this category. White, George Parros, and Brandon Prust have attempted the fewest offensive-zone entries per-minute played.
This graph represents the number of dump-ins (from the neutral-zone),
and carry-ins (o-zone entries) each player has managed per-minute of
RATIO OF ENTRIES-TO-DUMP IN
PK Subban has the highest entry-to-dump-in ratio among Habs defensemen, as PK attempts 0.483 entries for every 1 dump-in. Among centres, both Plekanec, and David Desharnais have similar ratios; Plekanec attempts 1.871 entries for every 1 dump-in, while Desharnais attempts 1.880 entries per dump-in.
Tomas Vanek leads all Habs players with an entry-to-dump-in ratio of 2.355. Put into perspective, Vanek's ratio is double that of the average Habs winger.
These reports can be produced for any player at any level. All that's
required is video. Feel free to contact me by e-mail with any questions,
comments, or inquiries about the services I provide.
- WHAT IS BOUCHER SCOUTING?
- COMBINING CORSI AND SCORING-CHANCES
- IMPACT OF RATINGS ON SCORING-CHANCES
- IMPACT OF N-ZONE RATINGS ON SCORING-CHANCES
- QUALCOM ADJUSTED RATINGS
- IMPACT OF D-ZONE RATINGS ON SCORING-CHANCES
- D-ZONE TENDENCIES AND TURNOVER-RATES
- D-ZONE PASSING
- D-ZONE LOOSE-PUCK RECOVERIES
- D-ZONE STICK & BODY-CHECKS
- IMPACT OF O-ZONE RATINGS ON SCORING-CHANCES
- O-ZONE TENDENCIES AND TURNOVER-RATES
- O-ZONE LOOSE-PUCK RECOVERIES
- O-ZONE PASSING
- O-ZONE STICK AND BODY-CHECKS
- POSSESSION RATINGS
- O AND D TOUCHES IN O-ZONE
- O AND D TOUCHES IN D-ZONE
- QUANTIFYING DISCIPLINE
- SHOOTING SUCCESS-RATES (ES)
- OBSTRUCTION PENALTIES DRAWN
- GOALIE REPORTS
- HABS 2010-11
- HABS 2011-12
- SUBBAN 2012-13 (PLAYER FILE EXAMPLE)